I have no idea how, but it is July already?! Is it just me or is the first half of the year has flown by and I feel like the questions where are you going to spend your New Year’s Eve are just around the corner? I wanted to do a quick photo blog post of my summer in the city so far, but I’m still not doing anything vaguely interesting, just everyday life, you know, work, work, some apartment hunting in between, and then more work. I do get a short break now and then, especially when my sister and her husband came for a visit, so I did manage to drink a glass (or a two) of wine or a colorful cocktail, and to lay in the sun with a good book, but not as nearly as much as I want (or, let’s be honest, need) it.
Processed with VSCO with a6 preset
Anyway, I just realized that I haven’t written my New Year’s resolutions, I have them stored in my head, but with years I realized that the only way I force myself to do anything is to either write it or tell it to as many people as possible so I want back out. That is a power of character at it’s finest, my friends.
So, let’s go with my 1st of July resolutions:
- Read at least two books a month. I used to read a lot, and when I say a lot, I really mean it. Reading got me through some of my lowest moments, and it keeps me sane and I know it boosts my creativity, however since I quit my job and started freelancing, I somehow read less then I used to. I guess since I work from home, I spend almost every waking hour at home working, and less time relaxing. Anything else makes me feel guilty for some reason. That brings me to number
- Learn to chill, girl. Take a day or a two off, don’t answer any emails, don’t work or think about work. It sounds so stupid when I write this down, but I tend to stress a lot about work, even more now, since I don’t have a regular job, I guess I feel the pressure of being the best all the time, not struggling, both creatively and financially. I am aware that I’m not CEO of a big company, thank you, but I’m always my worst critic, and it has to stop.
- Learn something new every month. I recently went to a Photography class, it was actually history of photography and it was so good for my soul, both the class itself and meeting new people with the same interests, I don’t do it so often and it felt so good, although I love my friends, don’t get me wrong, none of them is an art nerd as I am. I started learning Chinese again and I took my sister to pottery course where we drank wine and made cute plates like these here.
I’m also practicing modern calligraphy again, and I have a feeling that will be fun. Maybe I will share some of these here soon.
- Write one post every week. Let’s face it, probably the only people still hanging around here are my friends and family, and I can’t say that with certainty, lol. I did start this blog to force myself to be more open and honest and to leave my comfort zone, and that is why is important to write as often as I can.
- And last but not least, drink more water. Here is a reminder for both me and for you reading it, you know you’re not drinking enough.
So this is it, I hope you like this sort of a journal post, until next time, keep chasing sunsets.
The first half of 2018 was all about work for me, and from this perspective, I will probably be in the same mode indefinitely or at least for an extra few months. It is time to get serious and finish some goals I have on my mind for a way too long. So, no holiday plans for this little angel (for now). It crossed my mind that I could (and should go) on a weekend getaway, and then I remembered that I have really cute photos that I took last summer when I was in Novi Sad with a friend and never shared them here although I planned on doing that for a while.
Novi Sad is probably best known for Exit festival and it is located about an hour drive from Belgrade, and even if you are not into the festival madness, it is still a pretty beautiful place to visit, so if you are coming to Serbia this summer, maybe this post will inspire you.
We were there just for an afternoon, but I know there are many cute flats on Airbnb if you want to spend the night, that I highly recommend.
Hope you liked this short walk down the memory lane, I sincerely hope that I will have more free time soon to go somewhere fun and write about it, aka to live a little, but until then, this will have to do.
Surprisingly, I’m not late with this month printable calendar planner. This month I went with more colorful design, since it’s spring, and I’m always in the mood for beautiful flowers with a hint of gold, and as I said, I don’t do minimal well, although I would love to, and this is more in my style. What do you think? How do you like this design? For some strange reason (probably because of too much social media, lol) I feel the need to end this post with something like let me know in the comments below but it also sounds kinda weird to write it, so let’s keep it short and here is the calendar.
I was always a sucker for a good DIY. I was DIY-ing my clothes all the way through school. As a teen, I was always cutting, sewing, changing every item I had in my closet to be more unique or to make it fit whatever idea or trend I was into back than. I think that is how I fell in love with fashion design and later with the jewelry design. Honestly, my jewelry line started as DIY.
I did these jeans a while back and I loved them, so I thought it would be fun to share this post if you have some spare time and want to make something unique for yourself. And as we all now, pearl denim is always a good choice. All you need is a pair of jeans, some pearls, and beads that you can find in any craft store, needle and embroidery thread. Optionally, if you are not in a mood for embroidering or you’re not as crafty with the needle, you can use flat back pearls and a hot glue gun for the same effect. All you need to do is to arrange the pearls in whatever way you want and sew/glue them. I personally find sewing relaxing and it’s kind of therapeutic for me, so I did it this way, and I love the result. What do you think?
A few fun wallpapers for you to use and brighten up your desktop and those long office hours. Hope you like them!
june calendar wallpaper
orange floral wallpaper
no pressure wallpaper
Whenever I have some free time, I like to make my own desktop and phone wallpapers, just for fun, and because I believe pretty wallpaper can help inspire me whenever I don’t feel like working. So, I decided to share some of them for you to use, just click the link below the image and save it.
blue marble wallpaper
rose gold marble hello wallpaper
rose gold april calendar wallpaper